Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stay Positive and Good Things Will Happen

Location: Kitchen Table
Watching: Winter Olympics
Reading: Eldest by C. Paolini
Study Progress: Week 2 of 12 (On pace, professor is still a douche and not posting stuff up on time, so I'm doing my own thing.)

I'm trying really hard to be positive and find the good in everything. I'm going to internalize a lot of things in the next few weeks because I simply don't have the time or the energy to complain about things or people who will never change.

What I will say is this test is more than just a math test. So everyone who is being negative towards me about not passing it is no longer my friend. I went out to grab something to eat last night and ran into a good friend from high school who said, "Wow, you failed something? Have you ever failed anything before? You failed a math test?"

That having been said I realized this isn't just a math test. This is hard and needs my complete attention. I've said it before and I'm serious this time. I'm sorry if I have to say no to you, but that's the way it is. I've had to make serious sacrifices like cancelling trips to visit friends and missing a season of snowboarding and running and working out. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to work, study, and be there for every single person. So the studying is coming first. The new exam date is May 20th. So no fun for me until then.

I was watching this episode of Scrubs where Dr. Kelso tells Dr. Cox that as much as he complains about people needing him and always asking for help that he continues to do it because he enjoys it. I feel the same way. For as much as I complain it's nice to feel needed. I think that's where I'm going to have to make judgment calls. Does this person really need me at this moment or is it drama? Am I really the only person who can help this person or do I need to help myself first? There is one important person in my life who needs my help at this time. Me. I intend on being there for myself more than I've ever been.


1 comment:

  1. are you taking class somewhere? that's awesome. you're going to kill it in may. go, tim, go!

    ReplyDelete