Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Location: My room
Listening to: Jack's Mannequin (The Glass Passenger)
Watching: Yanks/TB (Current Score 2-1 TB, Jeter tied Gehrig)
Reading: Eragon by C. Paolini
Study Progress: Part 1 of 3 in week 1 of 11

I was going to title this Revelation 9, but then I read that the Manson Family claimed the Beatles were telling them that Revolution 9 was a reference to Chapter 9 in the book of Revelation which is about the apocalypse and prophecy.

So Life Goes On is more appropriate for this post and 09.09.09

I originally thought this post would be ripping girls for being dumb and stupid and always putting me in the friend zone. I was going to say how great I am and how if I'm a great friend give me a shot at being more than friends. Also it was going to be about how I'm not being friends with girls because girls like the bad guys that treat them wrong so maybe I should try that.

...then I had a revelation. Whenever I get depressed or think my life sucks I generally try to listen to Jack's Mannequin or Something Corporate because Andrew McMahon beat cancer and is living an awesome life so what am I complaining about. I forgot to do that until a friend of mine asked where she could donate money for a walk I'm helping a friend raise money more. I had forgotten my own cardinal rule of listen to Andrew on my iPod whenever I get depressed. So I put it on Jack's Mannequin and had the following revelation.

If you want good things you have to go out there and get them. In particular I noticed that getting out of the "Friend Zone" is so simple. My dad taught me about zone defense in rec basketball. You have to learn to work with what the defense is giving you and look for weaknesses in the zone so you can get an open shot. I used to look at the "Friend Zone" as more of a place that you got stuck in. Now I look at it that if you're stuck in a place where you don't want to be you have options. Stay and make the best of it, do something to better your situation, or just get up and leave.

Look at me being an optimist.

1 comment:

  1. How fitting is it that I'm watching freaks and geeks? I'd also like to say that girls get delegated to the friend zone, too.

    ReplyDelete